How do the apps work for assisting with telecommunications?
The apps are designed to assist individuals who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or have speech difficulty.
Deaf & Hard of Hearing
Apps will provide:
- IP Relay Services
- Video Relay Services
- IP Captioned Telephone Services
- Video Calls
There are speech-specific apps, such as Alternative Augmentative Communication apps, that allow the individual to tap on pictures, words and phrases to create sentences and the device will speak for them.
What Equipment is Available?
The applicant is allowed to select one iPad per household. iPad models include:
- Apple iPad 128G Wifi Only
- Apple iPad Mini® 128G Wifi Only
Specialized iPad compatible neckloops and headphones are also available.
How do I apply?
- Download iPad application
- Complete and mail application
- Get your voucher and instructions on how to order through our Dealer, Teltex Inc.
Ready to Communicate!
The iPad is shipped directly to you and assistance is available through Teltex:
Teltex Contact Information