How do the apps on wireless devices work for assisting with telecommunications?
The apps are designed to assist individuals who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or have speech difficulty.
Deaf & Hard of Hearing
Apps will provide:
- IP Relay Services
- Video Relay Services
- IP Captioned Telephone Services
- Video Calls
There are speech-specific apps, such as Alternative Augmentative Communication apps, that allow the individual to tap on pictures, words and phrases to create sentences and the device will speak for them.
What Equipment is Available?
The applicant is allowed to select one wireless device per household. Wireless devices include:
- Apple iPad 128G Wifi Only
- Apple iPad Mini® 256G Wifi Only
Specialized wireless compatible neckloops and headphones are also available.
How do I apply?
- Download wireless device application
- Complete and mail application to 6925 Hickman Road, Des Moines, IA 50322. Or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get your voucher and instructions on how to order through one of our two wireless providers; RAZ Mobility and Teltex Inc.
Note: You will need an Adobe Acrobat Reader to read the application form. If you don’t have the Acrobat Reader installed, go to the Adobe Acrobat Reader website for installation. If you have any questions about the application form or need any assistance in completing it, please contact the TAI office.
Ready to Communicate!
The wireless device is shipped directly to you and assistance is available through RAZ Mobility and Teltex: